The purpose of this job is to provide Mechanical Design Engineering and Project
Management services at our client’s site. The primary role of this position is the design of
Mechanical systems on capital and expense projects as well as to lead substantial heavy
industrial maintenance efforts.
- Mechanical lead for capital and expense projects.
- Project management of maintenance and improvement projects.
- Co-ordinate activities between contractors and maintenance personnel in
collaboration with the construction manager.
- Manage quality of deliverables, and effectively lead the mechanical project team.
- Creates technical mechanical specifications, prepares procurement inquiry
packages, technically evaluates bids, and issues order packages for equipment.
- Coordinates review of vendor data/drawings, and supervises designers assigned to
- Provides technical support and guidance on mechanical equipment, selections,
installations, and their alternatives.
- Supporting construction activities with technical answers.
- Acting as a focal point for technical and work process related questions for EPC
firms on outsourced projects.
- Monitoring and managing work hour estimates.
- Acting as focal point between Purchasing and project team on all questions and
coordination of mechanical equipment issues.
- Mentors mechanical discipline designers and engineers in the application of design
tools and work processes.
- Design mechanical scope of the project on time and within budget.
- Ensures no engineering errors or omissions on mechanical design during
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within chemical or similar industry is preferred.
- Prior experience with leading and supporting Capital or Expense Projects would be a
- Experience with process piping design would be a plus.
- Professional Engineer registration is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.