The purpose of this job is to provide maintenance support primarily in the area of mechanical engineering. The incumbent will help optimize maintenance activities by developing and improving preventative maintenance strategies, driving design improvements from conception to completion, and managing the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Minimize plant down time, technician overtime hours, and maximize production
- Help troubleshoot daily breakdowns and provide general maintenance support
- Drive process improvement efforts to eliminate process waste, improve work quality and add value to business
- Coordinate review of vendor data/drawings to develop spare parts lists, reorder points and reorder quantities
- Maintain and improve CMMS database to streamline workflow
- Create, optimize and continuously improve preventative maintenance activities for plant equipment.
- Lead Kaizan events
- Develop engineering improvements to optimize equipment run time and improve machine reliability
- Available after hours as needed for technical support
- Mechanical lead for capital and expense projects, ranging from $50k – $2 million.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 3 years relevant experience in plant operations and/or construction is required.
- Alternatively, an associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in plant operations and/or construction is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within chemical or similar industry is preferred.
- Experience with piping and pumping systems is required.
- Prior experience with leading and supporting Capital or Expense Projects.
- Experience with hydraulic systems strongly desired.
- Experience with Lean principles strongly desired.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.