American Zinc Products
- Prepare and analyze industrial waste raw materials for specific metals and organic/carbon content.
- Prepare and analyze finished product samples for metals and carbon content.
- Analyze high purity metal powders for impurity content.
- Maintain Laboratory Standards and Quality Control Check standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or other related science with at least 12 course hours of Chemistry (inorganic/organic). Some coursework in analytical chemistry a plus.
- Hands on experience with analytical balances, manual pipettors, and volumetric glassware. Ability to accurately measure weights and volumes with minimal errors.
- Experience working safely with strong acids and hazardous chemicals in a controlled environment.
- Ability to apply basis laboratory math and calculate simple dilutions. Understand both solid and liquid unit conversions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods in the work environment. Ability to lift/carry 30 pounds.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Work or college lab experience with ICP-optical emissions spectroscopy(ICP-OES), Flame Atomic Absorption(FAA), or ICP-Mass Spectroscopy. Prefer applicants with some basic maintenance, or daily upkeep experience. Perkin-Elmer or Agilent systems preferred.
- Experience with Mettler-Toledo automated titration systems, or similar auto-titration systems. Experience in operation and maintenance/upkeep preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following TGA, Carbon analysis by Thermal IR, and Chloride/Fluoride titration.
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking to issues in the laboratory.
- Experience in receiving samples, managing a sample list, and/or data entry a definite bonus. LIMS familiarity also a major plus.
- 0.5-3 years of work experience in a production/process laboratory environment.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.