Kobus de Wet
Vice President and General Manager
De Wet joined our team in Rutherford County in 2015. He is a 20-year industry veteran, having begun his career in the metals and mining industry in South Africa. He began his career as a key member of the team responsible for the development of the Skorpion Zinc Project, the first application of zinc solvent extraction and electrowinning to treat a primary ore. This is the same process used at the facility here in our Rutherford County facility, only we work with solely recycled materials.
- Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Pretoria
- Honors Degree, Mining Engineering, University of Pretoria
Roselynne Bud Lawen
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry focused in Biochemistry, Auburn University
- Master of Science, Occupational Health & Safety – Environmental Management, Columbia Southern University
Joy began working with the AZP team in 2015 as the Superintendent of our Leaching Process and earned the role of Operations Manager in 2019. Prior to his time at AZP, he worked for the mining corporation Freeport-McMoRan in a number of operations and technical roles. His role as our Operations Manager is to see that all operational areas are working in a safe, efficient, and environmentally compliant manner.
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Metals and Materials Engineering, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Resources Conservations & Management, Western Carolina University
Bishop began working at our Rutherford Facility in 2013, and has held a variety of positions such as Superintendent of Site Services, Superintendent of Solvent Extraction and Bleed Treatmen, and Maintenance Manager. Jay has always had a focus on ensuring proper maintenance is completed to ensure our process can run as designed, and serves us well as our Project Manager. Before joining the team he worked at United Southern Industries as Vice President of Operations.
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Gardner Webb University
Cashwell began working at our Rutherford Facility in 2012 and has held several positions such as Sr. Process Engineer, Operations Superintendent, and Commissioning Manager. Joey is responsible for ensuring our process runs as designed and meets efficiency requirements. Prior to joining our team, he worked at Freeport-McMoRan Morenci Hydrometallurgical Operations as a Metallurgist.
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, University of South Carolina
Process Quality Manager
- Bachelor of Science, Metallurgical Engineering, University of Utah
- Master of Business Administration, Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, California State University
- Public Accountant
Human Resources Manager
- Bachelor of Science, Wofford College
- Juris Doctoral, University of South Carolina
Site Execution Manager
Zell has been on the Rutherford team for 8 years and counting. He began work on our team as the Manager of Maintenance and Engineering; as we continued to grow, he assumed his current role of Site Execution Manager. His essential role is to oversee the timely and quality completion of projects across our entire 300-acre site. Michael has 22+ years of experience in utilities and maintenance management roles.
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Business Management, The University of Akron
- Master of Science, Environmental Engineering, The University of Findley
Systems, Learning and Development Manager
- Bachelor of Science, Geology, Grand Valley State University
- Master of Science, Geology, Central Washington University
- Agile Project Management
- Instructional Design
- Six Sigma Greenbelt